See your study results and credits, find your syllabus and register for courses. These are some of the services that you can do yourself in Ladok for students or the Form Store. You will also get help from the Student Administration during your study period.

You can do the following things in Ladok for students:

  • see your study results and registered credits
  • register for courses
  • download verifiable course certificates
  • update your contact information

Log in with your computer ID (student account) and password.

Login to Ladok for students

All certificates that you download yourself in Ladok are verifiable. This means that you do not need a signature or stamp by an employee at the university to verify that the certificate is valid.

Each certificate has a unique code and a link to a verification site. The person or company to whom you send the certificate uses that information to verify that the certificate is legitimate.

Login to Ladok for students

You log in to Ladok for students with your computer ID. If you do not yet have a computer ID from Malmö University, you can use your login information from

Log in with your computer ID (student account) and password.

If your computer ID is inactive, select "Ladok for alumni" and log in with Freja eID.

Login to Ladok for students

Introduction to Ladok for students

Accessibility in Ladok for students

Upgrade your computer identity to be able to use Ladok for students

You must upgrade the assurance level of your computer identity to be able to log into Ladok for students. Please note that only students with a Swedish personal identity number must upgrade the assurance level of their computer identity.

Upgrade the assurance level (manual)

Temporary personal number

If you have had a temporary personal number but have received a Swedish personal identity number from the Swedish Tax Agency, you need to announce the new number in order for it to be changed.

Please email The update is then transferred to Canvas and Kronox.

Order transcripts and certificates from the university

You can order a transcript of records or a certificate of registration signed by an administrator at the university. You can order for yourself or someone else.

Keep in mind that it takes some time to process your order. The fastest way for students and alumni to get a verified certificate is to log into Ladok and download it. You will find more information on how to do this on this page.

What are you requesting?
Please select language for your transcript or certificate:
What are you requesting?
Please select language for the transcript or certificate:

You can do the following things in the Form Store:

  • apply for withdrawal from studies
  • leave from studies
  • deferment of study commencement
  • admission to a later part of a programme

Login to Form Store

Get support from a student administrator

The Student Administration will help you with the practicalities during your studies. Depending on the education you are studying, you should contact different student administrators.

We can help you with questions regarding:

  • registration
  • roll call
  • registration certificate
  • admission from waiting list
  • application for course certificate
  • recognition of previous studies

Culture and Society

Student administration at the School of Arts and Communication, the Department of Urban Studies and the Department of Global Political Science. You are welcome to get in touch with us using our web form. 

Contact form

Information desk

The Student Administration at the Faculty of Culture and Society has an information desk on floor 2B at Niagara. The information desk is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays 10–14.

Education and Society

Study administration for teacher training, sports science and study and career counselling programmes. You are welcome to contact us using our web form. 

Contact form

You can also find the Student Administrator for your education here. 

Contact Heléne Henriksson for questions related to:

  • Education: Educational Theory, Master's programme
  • Courses at the Department of Childhood, Education and Society

Contact Heléne Henriksson

Contact Paola Mendoza Frödin for questions related to:

  • Sport Sciences: Sport in Society, Master's Programme
  • Courses at the Department of Sport Sciences

Contact Paola Mendoza Frödin

Contact Anita Marttila for questions related to:

  • Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Master's Programme
  • Courses at the Centre for Teaching and Learning

Contact Anita Marttila

Contact Rebecka Sundin for questions related to:

  • Courses at the Department of Culture, Languages and Media

Contact Rebecka Sundin

Contact Monica Lotfinia for questions related to:

  • English and Education: Master's programme
  • Courses at the Department of Natural Science, Mathematics and Society
  • Courses at the Department of Society, Culture and Identity
  • Courses at the Department of School Development and Leadership

Contact Monica Lotfinia

Health and Society

Study administration for students at the Faculty of Health and Society.

Contact Marie Enberg for questions related to:

  • Biomedical Surface Science, Master's programme

Contact Marie Enberg

Contact Åsa Nilsson for questions related to:

  • Criminology, Master's programme
  • Free-standing courses within criminology

Contact Åsa Nilsson

For questions related to free-standing courses within criminology at bachelor's level, you can email

Email to the reception

You can email us at

Technology and Society

Contact the Student Administration at the Faculty of Technology and Society. You are welcome to get in touch with us using our web form. 

Contact form


The Student Administration at the Faculty of Odontology deals with the Dentist Programme, Dental Hygienist Programme and Dental Technicians. Contact us by using our web form:

Contact form

Find your faculty

Depending on your study programme or course, you should contact different student administrators. As a new student, you can find out which faculty your programme or course belongs to from the welcome email you receive from your faculty/department. You can also find your faculty by searching for your education in the Education Directory. 

Find your faculty in the Education Directory

Find your syllabus

Syllabi for previous and ongoing programmes can be found on the platform for educational information. In the syllabus, you can also find the course list for your programme. 

Find your syllabus

Credit transfer

You can apply for a credit transfer if you have previously studied courses at university which you think corresponds to courses in the programme you are admitted to. Other training and professional practice may also have provided you with relevant knowledge that can be recognised as a credit transfer. No credit transfers are assessed or guaranteed in advance.

When to apply for credit transfer

The application for credit transfer can be made once you have been admitted to a course/programme and have accepted the offer. 

How to apply

Follow the steps below to apply for credit transfer. The following information applies to students at all faculties apart from the Faculty of Odontology. 

  • Make your own assessment of your knowledge and skills in relation to the requirements set for the course you wish credits to be transferred to (the course/programme at Malmö University where you are now a student).
  • You must make your assessment based on the intended learning outcomes of the course. The description in the course syllabus of content, course literature. An assessment of students’ performance in the course is also valuable information for you before you apply.

Find course and programme syllabi here

  • If you consider that your knowledge and skill is consistent with the course requirements, go on with your application and fill in the form.
  • Remember to apply in good time before the course starts. The processing time may vary but assume it can take at least four weeks to get a decision, or sometimes longer. Assessing applications that refer to other education and/or activities involves a more comprehensive validation process and can therefore take considerably longer.
  • Remember that a decision on the transfer of credits means that you must be a registered student at Malmö University.

Note that a decision on credit transfer does not equal guaranteed admission to a course, course component, or programme.

What previous studies do I need to/not need to credit transfer?

Sometimes, previous studies are taken directly into the degree, but sometimes they have to be credit transferred to be able to be included in the intended degree you are studying towards. All cases are individual, but there are some important differences:

Example of when a credit transfer is necessary: if you do not want to take a course within your programme because you took a course before with the same content.

Example of when a credit transfer is not necessary: earlier studies at a Swedish university that correspond to an optional semester in your programme: courses that you took at other Swedish universities that you want to include in a general qualification or as an optional semester in your programme. When you apply for a degree via “Ladok Student”, you mark which courses, in addition to the courses you took at Malmö University, that are to be included in the degree.

Grades with credit transfer

You do not receive a grade on a credit transferred course or course component since no new examination of your knowledge has been done (only “TG” is noted). In the transfer of foreign qualifications, only credits are transferred in Ladok; they are not graded.

A decision of credit transfer can not be undone

When a course has been completed through a credit transfer, you can not register for the course or study it at a later date. A decision on credit can also not be undone if it is already registered in Ladok.

Tuition fee reduction

A reduction of the tuition fee (in the form of a partial refund) due to a credit transfer is possible if the transferred credits are more than 15 credits.

Student finance with credit transfer

An approved/partially approved credit transfer can affect your student finance and you must check with the Swedish Board of Student Finance, CSN, for what applies to you. If your credit transfer means that you take fewer credits one semester than the student finance you have applied for, you must report all changes to CSN.

You need to submit documents together with your application that verify your earlier studies or previous professional activities. Note: Provide appendix numbers on the form in the respective line on the form.

From previous studies

You can apply for credit transfer from earlier education, both university education and other studies.

For previous university studies

From university studies outside Sweden: 

  • Official Transcript of Records. The transcript must be attested*, preferably by the issuing university. Information on the university, course name, the date for completed studies, level, credits and grade should be indicated.
  • Information on the university’s education- and grading system, if it is not clear from the transcript.
  • Formal course syllabus that was relevant when you took the course.
  • list of course literature, that was relevant when you took the course.

* What is meant by attestation? This means that a person must sign, write his or her name in block letters and phone number on each copy. The person who thereby certifies that the copy matches the original can be a private person or an authority official. You can ask a staff member at Malmö University to make an attested copy from your original document and submit that instead.

From Swedish universities:

  • Previous higher education must be authenticated with transcripts and certificates from LADOK or course or exam certificates. Course codes and names must be stated.
  • Documents that state the intended learning outcomes and describe the content of the education must be attached, for example course syllabus with literature list that applied when the course was taken.

For other education

Education other than at university must be authenticated with documents such as educational certificates or course certificates. Usually, descriptive information about the education is also required, such as its content, intended learning outcomes, scope and educational level.

If you have documents from other countries

Note: Documents from university studies that are issued in a language other than Swedish, English, Danish or Norwegian must be translated into Swedish or English by an authorised translator.

Upper-secondary documents in English, French, Spanish, German, Danish and Norwegian do not need to be translated. Certificates in Icelandic and Finnish also do not need to be translated, but other documents, such as certificates of a name change must be translated by an authorised translator. It is you as the applicant who arranges translations and bears any costs for translation if necessary.

For experience-based learning – Professional activities

To illustrate knowledge that has been obtained through other contexts, such as professional experience, your own very clear and comprehensive description is required. Write in a regular Word document. You must explain:

  • what knowledge and skills you developed, in relation to the intended learning outcomes of the course you wish credits to be transferred to
  • what you did - i.e. what experiences caused you to develop this knowledge and skills, such as what professional duties you had
  • during what period(s) of time
  • scope, e.g. percentage of full-time
  • responsibility - your position/role

Describe situations and challenges that you encountered in professional activities and/or other activities where you acquired and developed your knowledge and skills.

  • How you resolved the situations and what you based your actions on.
  • Describe and justify the choice of methods/aids/tools and/or equipment you used to resolve the situations described and the results.
  • Give examples of alternative actions/solutions/perspectives to resolve the situations/challenges/problems described
  • Feel free to link your description to relevant theory.

Documentation that may need to be attached to your application includes, for example:

  • employment certification including the extent of the work in time (percentage of full-time) and time period
  • description of duties and responsibilities
  • reference to immediate manager
  • other documents that you wish to refer to.

The same applies to learning in activities other than professional activities.

The more verification there is for what you describe, the easier the assessment process is. Feel free to contact the study and career adviser at your faculty prior to applying.

Find the right study and career adviser

Note that you submit one form for each course at the university that you are applying for credit transfer to be applied to. The form with all appended documentation is to be sent to the registrar and the address is on the application form.

Faculty of Culture and Society application form

Faculty of Technology and Society application form

Faculty of Health and Society application form

Faculty of Education and Society application form

Note that the university makes its assessment based on what you have provided in your application. Material that is not verified/authenticated, copies that are not attested etc. have no significance in the assessment of your knowledge and skills, but can provide information about education that you otherwise have attested certificates for. 

Assessment and decision

Here, you can find information on how your application is assessed and how to interpret the decision on your application.

The university’s assessment of an application for transfer of credits is based on:

  • Qualifications from higher education (course certificate/exam certificate/transcripts and certificates or equivalent together with course syllabuses),
  • Qualifications from other education (certificates etc. together with information about the education/course syllabuses or similar),
  • Description of your knowledge and skills in relation to the course requirements in addition to what can be authenticated through educational qualifications, so-called experienced-based learning from a professional position, for example.

For credit transfer we review the content, scope, level and learning objectives of your earlier studies/professional practice against the course syllabus you are applying to receive credit for (meaning the course that you do not want to take given the credit transfer). If your credit transfer is approved, it means that you do not need to take those specific components of the programme. Note that no credit transfers are assessed or guaranteed in advance.

For students at the Faculty of Culture and Society and Technology and Society

Administrators at your department/faculty review your application. The course coordinator/examiner for the part of the course you are applying to have credit transferred for from your earlier studies/professional practice makes a decision on your application. The decision is then sent to you from the administrator at your department/faculty. If your application concerns an optional semester or a whole course, it is the head of department that makes a decision on your application.

After the application has been reviewed, you receive a decision by email. There are three different decisions on a credit transfer application that you can read more about below.

  • Approved: Approved means that your application was approved. The decision also states which of your earlier studies/earlier professional practice forms the basis for the decision.
  • Partially denied: If a part, but not your whole application was approved, you receive a partial denial.  The decision then contains information on what component of the course you applied to have credit transferred for is met, and a justification for why the remainder could not be approved.
  • Denied: Denied means that your application could not be approved, either entirely or partially.

Note that a credit transfer of part of a course cannot always be entered into Ladok directly. This is the case, for example, if the course will be held in a later semester.


If you are not satisfied with the decision you received, you can appeal it. An appeal must be made to the Higher Education Appeals Board, but is always sent to Malmö University. You have three weeks from the date you received the decision to send in your appeal.

More information on how to appeal a decision will be provided when the decision is sent to you.