Computer identity and Multicard
Your computer identity is required for a variety of services. Your Multicard is needed in order to get access to some of the University's premises, to be able to copy and print, and to borrow library books.
You use your computer identity throughout your studies to log on to computers and online services. When you have a computer identity, you can get a Wi-Fi account and access the Eduroam wireless network. A computer identity is also needed for you to be able to order a Multicard for access to premises and printers.
Order your computer identity
- You need to be admitted or registered on a course or a programme.
- You need access to the email account you used to apply to Malmö University through universityadmissions.se.
Multicard – your key to the University
You need a Multicard to access the University’s premises. Our buildings are not open to the public because of the corona pandemic. Therefore, it is important to order your card before the start of the semester in order to access the University's buildings. Without a card and PIN code, you will not be able to enter our buildings.
The Multicard is also needed to copy, print and borrow books from the library. You can find more information about borrowing books on the Library webpage.
Multicards and start of the semester
Online applications for Multicards is open. As a student, you can access most of the university buildings during the first two weeks of the autumn semester without a Multicard.
Students at the Faculty of Odontology and the Police Academy will get more information about borrowing Multicards during the introduction.
How to get your Multicard
1. Log in to IDService and order your card
To order a Multicard, log in to ids.mau.se, click on the link "Multicard", and then follow the instructions.
2. Find your card number and PIN code
You can find your card number and the PIN code in IDService under "Handle your card".
3. The Multicard will be sent home to you
The Multicard is free of charge and will be sent to your address in Sweden. It takes about 5-14 days after you have ordered your card. Note that the card cannot be sent outside Sweden. If you do not have a Swedish address, you can also choose to have it delivered to the reception in Niagara.
Rules for Multicards
- The card is personal and may not be lent to any other person. You are responsible for the card and how it is used.
- When you are on University premises you must present the card to security personnel who patrol our buildings. This applies after office hours Mondays through to Fridays and all hours on Saturdays and Sundays, including holidays.
- The card must be signed when issued. By signing it, you accept the above regulations.
If you lose your Multicard, report it in IDService
If you lose your Multicard you need to report it at IDService. On your profile page, under the headline 'Self service', choose 'Manage' next to your Multicard and click on 'Report missing card'. You can only order a new card once a report has been filed.
Keep in mind that when you register your Multicard as lost, the following features will be blocked:
- Library lending
- Printing/ copying function
- Access to closed facilities
If you find a Multicard you must hand it in at the reception or to the helpdesk.
The helpdesk staff can help you with login, computer identity, purchase of printouts, networks and support on the university's...
Software and web services
As a student at Malmö University, you have access to different software applications that support your studies and research. Fo...