Computer identity and Multicard
Your computer identity is required for a variety of services. Your Multicard is needed in order to get access to some of the University's premises, to be able to copy and print, and to borrow library books.
You use your computer identity throughout your studies to log on to computers and online services. When you have a computer identity, you can get a Wi-Fi account and access the Eduroam wireless network. A computer identity is also needed for you to be able to order a Multicard for access to premises and printers.
Order your computer identity
- You need to be admitted or registered on a course or a programme.
- You need access to the email account you used to apply to Malmö University through universityadmissions.se.
Multicard – your key to the University
You need a Multicard to get access to some of the University's premises, such as computer rooms, in order to copy and print, and to borrow library books. The Multicard is free of charge and can be collected one day after ordering.
1. Have your picture taken for the Multicard
Photo stations are available at the following locations:
- Orkanen library, fifth floor. Nordenskiöldsgatan 10
- The Faculty of Health and Society, Jan Waldenströms gata 25
2. Picking up your Multicard
The Multicard can be picked up after lunch the next weekday at your chosen delivery point. Remember to bring a valid photo-ID. You can pick your card up from the helpdesk at the Orkanen library or the library at the Faculty of Health and Society.
3. Find your pin code
You can find your pin code in IDService. Choose the option 'manage' under the headline ' self-service' on your profile page. You will be able to access the University's premises within 12 hours after you have picked up your card.
Rules for Multicards
- The card is personal and may not be lent to any other person. You are responsible for the card and how it is used.
- When you are on University premises you must present the card to security personnel who patrol our buildings. This applies after office hours Mondays through to Fridays and all hours on Saturdays and Sundays, including holidays.
- The card must be signed when issued. By signing it, you accept the above regulations.
If you lose your Multicard, report it in IDService
If you lose your Multicard you need to report it at IDService. On your profile page, under the headline 'Self service', choose 'Manage' next to your Multicard and click on 'Report missing card'. You can only order a new card once a report has been filed.
Keep in mind that when you register your Multicard as lost, the following features will be blocked:
- Library lending
- Printing/ copying function
- Access to closed facilities
If you find a Multicard you must hand it in at the reception or to the helpdesk.
The helpdesk can help you with services related to your computer identity, printing balance and multicard as well as support on...
Software and web services
As a student at Malmö University, you have access to different software applications that support your studies and research....